Wednesday, June 17, 2015

I've been setting up IFTTT recipes to gather in information to this blog as a way to collect articles, posts, pins, etc. from a lot of different places.  Blogger has no limit on how many posts per day you can make to your blog, but it DOES start asking for a CAPTCHA once you submit up to the daily limit.

What that means is that if you have IFTTT recipes set up that push from anywhere to your blog that those requests will eventually quit working once you reach the limit.  For my account that limit seems to be 40 posts.  I've reached that limit a couple times this week.  It doesn't matter which rule got to the limit first, any rules that you have that try to publish blog posts will fail after it's reached regardless of which rule hit the limit.

I was thinking of starting a Tumblr blog but have found that it has a hard limit of 250 posts per day with only 100 of those being text and 150 photos.  I can't find anything to tell me if it will ask for a CAPTCHA at some lower point.  For Wordpress it seems there is some really high limit, but that it isn't publicly known.  I also tried to look into Weebly, but can't find any information about that one at all.




No comments:

Post a Comment